PLMF Music Trust & Rapla Church Music Festival
in cooperation with the EU Creative Europe project “The Bridge”
X RAPLA INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL FOR STRINGS 8-11 July 2019
at the Rapla Cultural Center (50 km from Tallinn)
NB! Registration open until 21st of June 2019!
- Anna-Liisa Bezrodny – violin, Karlsruhe Hochschule für Musik/Purcell School/Junior Guildhall School, Estonia/Finland
- Jonathan Morton – violin, Scottish Ensemble/London Sinfonietta, UK
- Frøydis de Damas – viola, Trondheim Soloists/Trondheim Symphony Orchestra, Norway
- Emanuel Wehse – cello, Kassel Academy of Music “Louis Spohr”, Germany
Academy level students and professionals without an age limit are all welcome!
The Summer School Programme includes:
- 4 (ā 40 min) individual lessons
- 3 (ā 3h 20 min) ensemble sessions (duos, trios, quartets and larger groups)
- 3 evening talks
- concert performance together with the teachers at the Rapla Church Music Festival on 11 July at 7 pm at the Rapla Church
- 4 young Estonian participants of the Summer School will be invited to take part in the first ever Glasgow Strings Festival 2020, organised by “The Bridge” project on 14-17 May 2020 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Participation fee: 290€
Estonian citizens can apply for a scholarship in the amount of 140€ towards the participation fee.
The fee includes all the items listed under the Summer School Programme, plus meals and accommodation for 4 days/3 nights at a modern dormitory in the centre of Rapla.
Please fill in the Application form and send it, titled “Rapla Strings”, by 21st of June 2019 (included) to
For further information, do not hesitate to write an e-mail to email@example.com (Leelo Lehtla).
X RAPLA INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL FOR STRINGS APPLICATION FORM
Date of birth:
Type of strings (violin/viola/cello):
Musical education (institution(s), years of learning):
Work and/or performance experience (when, where, with whom, for how long, etc):
Other significant information about you that you would like to share with us, related to your love for music:
Solo Repertoire that you wish to work on in the Summer School (and can bring along; if not, mention it):
What sort of Chamber Music do you enjoy and are passionate about?:
Are there any music related or cross-thematic themes that you would like to discuss during the Evening Talks?:
Do you agree to the filming and photographing of parts of the Summer School and its concluding “European Gala” concert, so that we could use the material for making a short promotional video for “The Bridge” project and its Glasgow Strings Festival 2020: YES / NO
Dietary restrictions, if any:
Any other comments:
Thank you a lot for filling in the above form!
Please now send it as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to do it is 21st of June 2019!
Thereafter we will consult with the international teachers of strings, will confirm your participation, and let you know about the organisational and other necessary details of the Summer School.
Stay tuned! …for Building the Bridges ☺